This is a comprehensive list of Board Certified surgeons. You’ll also find that some of the more established doctors advertise with Google as shown at right.
Be sure to check out the following helpful pages as well:
- Choosing a Facelift Surgeon
- The Consultation with your Surgeon
- Questions to Ask
- Verifying Credentials
- Plastic Surgery Boards & Societies
You can find a lot about the surgeons that you’re interested in by doing a background check of sorts, or a little digging. Here are a few things to keep in mind to help you with your search:
- While price may be important, keep in mind that the experience and expertise of the surgeon, as well as the quality of the surgery itself, are crucial.
- Choosing a surgeon based upon the lowest possible price may very well prove to be the most expensive, particularly if another surgery, and another surgeon, are required to repair the original work.
- Don’t choose a surgeon based upon the lowest possible price as that may leave you open to more surgeries, even another surgeon, and more expenses in order to repair the original work.
- Check out your doctors! You can – and should – contact state boards, medical societies, and even past patients to verify the qualifications and work of your surgeon.
- Ask questions! Don’t be afraid to ask questions, this is major surgery after all. Just a few of the important questions that you should find answers to include the following: Is the surgeon Board Certified? Does the doctor have privileges to perform facelift surgery at an accredited hospital? Does the surgeon make facelift surgery a major part of his/her practice and does he-she have any special training? How many facelift procedures does the surgeon perform each year and for how long has he/she been practicing?